Research

Wednesday, 9 October 2013

T13: Research into digipaks

I found two digipaks, also in the relevant genre of our music video. They are Beyonce - B'day and Mariah Carey - Butterfly. I have images below of the digipak and what they include. They mostly include lyrics and photographs from a photoshoot - the idea of a photoshoot would be suitable for our digipak as our target audience would be interested in something like this in a digipak.

Beyonce - B'day








The album cover is the first page and includes the title 'B'day'. Beyonce includes a variety of different photos from a photo shoot - which would be really good to include aslong as it suits the album. She also includes a thank you page, dedicated to her friends and family, producers, fans etc where she writes a seperate paragraph for each of them. She adds a 'credits' page where she lists executive producers and productions companies (Music World Productions. Inc) she also links the website (Beyonceonline.com) where you can find lyrics available.  On the bottom left image, she writes in a font which looks like her own writing, to make it look personal, as a personal message from Beyonce. She introduces the 'Dereon clothing range' where she includes an image of her sister Solange Knowles wearing the clothes from that range and includes the website 'www.houseofdereon.com' and a signature of beyonce in the bottom right corner making it personalised for her fans. Other pages includes titles of songs where she writes who produced them, what the overall message for that song was and what it meant to write it. It also is a seperate credits page for each song (only the big songs from that album). She includes a two page spread of an image of her which happens to be the middle page, therefore meaning you could pull it out and use it as a poster to stick on your wall. I really found this digipak useful as it contains all the things I would want to include in mine, photographs from a photoshoot are critical for me as I know it will make the presentation look more appealing.

Mariah Carey - Butterfly






Mariah takes a different approach to her Digipak than Beyonce's, the whole Digipak stretches out into one flat peice of paper - one side displayed with photos including butterflies, suitable to the album name and the other side covered in writing. The writing includes lyrics to her song that belong to that album and on the last page she adds a thank you page. This layout is useful to me in the process of making a Digipak as I would like to include photographs as well as lyrics/thank you's/credits. However I think I would want to include brighter colours as this Digipak only has limited colours - perhaps to enhance the colour of the butterfly, as that is the name of the album. I think this Digipak looks quite boring, and I want ours to look exciting so that a teenage girl will see it in a shop and be captured by it and want to buy it, rather than this that wouldn't make me feel that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment