Research

Wednesday, 9 October 2013

T14: Analysis of band/artist websites







http://elliegoulding.com/
I chose to analyse Ellie Goulding as she's done a few music videos in the style that I would want to make my music video in. Throughout her website, music videos and album covers, she includes the same similar colour scheme of bright pink, bright lights shining in the background and harsh lighting. I like the techniques and shot types in her music videos that I have listed in the Prezi beneath, I also like the style of her album covers, they are simplistic however the lighting/added effects make it look much more appealing. In the video 'I need your love' it involves a effective narrative of Ellie herself with Calvin Harris who also contributed to the making of the song. The narrative consists of shots filmed to what looks like throughout a relationship, they both look happy and in love which makes the video enjoyable to watch, the theme of the happy relationship suits the upbeat/dance tempo of the song. This narrative is something I would definitely consider when making my music video as I know it is effective and with having 98,227,538 hits on YouTube, this supports the idea of the music video being enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment